by Jennifer Cram, Civil Partnership
Notary and Celebrant
12 years of providing relaxed, entertaining,
non-traditional ceremonies for the LGBTIQ community,
initially under the banner of GL-Unions, the first
celebrant in Australia to provide a dedicated
website focusing on the needs of same-sex couples.
Rebranded in 2009 as Pride Ceremonies.
Pride Ceremonies® is
owned and operated by Jennifer Cram, voted
Queensland's #1 Marriage Celebrant - Winner, ABIA
LOVE WON! SAME SEX
MARRIAGE LEGAL IN AUSTRALIA FROM 9 DECEMBER.
Here's what you need to do
And then, you get to live happily ever after as
Mrs&Mrs, Mr&Mr, or Mr&Mrs, as the case may
- You have to give Notice of your intention to
marry to your celebrant at least a full calendar
month before the big day using the official Notice of
- You have show your celebrant proof of your date
and place of birth (birth certificate or passport),
together with photo ID.
- If either of you has been married before you
have to show proof of how that marriage ended
(divorce or death certificate)
- You have to sign a Declaration of No Legal
Impediment to Marriage quite close to
the big day
- On the day you have to have two adult witnesses
present. They do not have to be Australian citizens
- Your celebrant still has to recite a passage
from the Marriage Act which includes the legal
definition of marriage, which now reads "the union
of two people"
- You have to say certain words to create the
- You, your witnesses and the celebrant have to
sign the Register and the certificates